Revlon Ultra HD Gel Lipcolor Review

In lieu of the trend of matte liquid lipsticks, Revlon decided to release their new "Ultra HD Gel Lipcolor" line, which is available in 15 shades.
I bought mine at Walgreens where they retail for $8.99 (0.006 oz/1.7 g). If you plan to get several or at least two shades, I recommend waiting until they go on sale for buy one, get one 50% off, which Revlon often does.
Unlike most lipstick tubes, the Ultra HD Gel Lipcolor comes in a skinny metallic tube, each in a color responding to the shade of the product. Something to note is that when you initially wind up the product or wind it all the way down, there is and audible "click" or "pop."
So far, I've gotten 5 shades.

(listed left to right): 700 HD Sand, 710 HD Desert, 760 HD Vineyard, 725 HD Sunset, and 715 HD Arabica 

The Review:

You can find all of the shades as well as the description of the product on Revlon's official website which I'll link here. Basically, however, Revlon boasts a "high-definition, lightweight color" formula that is also "intensely hydrating."
I'm not quite sure what high-definition means in terms of pigmentation, but I can tell you that the color pay off is not quite opaque on first swatch. It is sheer but not terribly so; definitely buildable. see swatches below. I'd like to note that I have pigmented lips, meaning more sheer colors do not work for me because the darkness of my lips show through easily. 
The formula is lightweight, creamy upon application and does not accentuate any dryness or fine lines. The lipstick is comfortable and moisturizing on the lips, the finish remains glossy and just the tiniest bit tacky. Because it is not a matte formula, it never quite dries down.


The colors that I liked/ showed up on my lips the most are the top three from the above photo: Sunset (pink), Vineyard (berry), and Arabica (brown).


A small side note:

The lipstick bullet is not as long as the packaging. Please see picture provided, which is the entire bullet, therefore the entire amount of product winded up out of the tube. 
Compared to traditional bullet lipsticks, let's take for example the classic Wet n Wild MegaLast Lipcolor or Milani's Color Statement Lipsticks, you actually get way more product for less. I also I have comparison below.




Rating Out of 5 Stars (1 being very poor, 5 being excellent):

I'd give it a 3
  • the packaging is attractive, it definitely drew me in with its slender metallic magic
  • Revlon, as always has a good variety of shades
  • it is not impressively pigmented
  • it is however, comfortable and moisturizing 
  • you pay a lot (comparatively) for little product
I hope you enjoyed this review and/or found it to be helpful! If you do, give it a like or share it with a friend. Have any questions or input? Let me know by commenting :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

KKW Contour Kits Dupe/ Afforable Alternatives

Drugstore Cushion Foundation/ Cushion Compacts 2017